Our lives are so quick-paced these days. We try to cram in as much as possible during our awake hours, sometimes leaving us with little time to take care of the things that are most important. Many times our health falls to the wayside because we simply don’t have time.
However, what we need to do is MAKE TIME EVERY DAY to take care of ourselves. Whether that means fitting in a workout, eating a healthy meal, or taking a mental health break. We all need it in one form or another!
As moms, we put so much focus on our kids, which we should; but we often forget to put our focus elsewhere. One way to fit both in is by combining these facets into one healthy lifestyle for the whole family.
Making a healthy meal can seem like a lot of work, with a lot of ingredients, requiring a lot of time. I used to quickly pass at healthy recipes that seemed like too much work. But, I have since realized healthy meals can be super quick and easy! In my meal planning and prepping post, I talk about an easy stir-fry dish you can make for any night of the week.
Today, you are getting that recipe!! Most of my recipes are made up as I go along, taking ideas from one, switching out ingredients, and adding my favorite flavors, until I find the perfect combination. So, feel free to take this recipe as your own, or make as many changes needed until you find YOUR perfect combination.
Full disclosure: I don’t measure when I make this recipe (or most of my recipes for that matter). I do a lot of eyeballing to get the perfect amount. The measurements below may not be EXACT, but they are very close!
Ground Turkey Stir-Fry
- 1 lb ground turkey (or other protein of choice)
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into ¼ inch coins
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large broccoli crowns, cut into small pieces
- ½ pound (8 oz) mushrooms, washed and sliced
- ½ cup Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbs Coconut Secret Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
1. Brown the ground turkey (or other protein) in a small skillet. Once browned, remove from heat and set aside.
2. While the turkey is browning, heat olive oil in a wok over medium high heat.
*If you don’t have a wok, a large skillet works too!
3. Once oil is hot, add carrots, onion, and red pepper to pan.
4. Add about ½ of the coconut aminos ( or to be more precise, 1/4 cup) and 1 Tbs of the teriyaki sauce to the vegetables. Stir to coat vegetables in sauce and cover with lid.
5. Stirring occasionally, let vegetables cook until just starting to get tender, about 3-4 minutes.
6. Stir in garlic, and let cook for 30 seconds or so, but no longer than a minute.
7. Add broccoli, mushrooms, and ½ of the remaining coconut aminos. Stir and cover.
8. Continue to stir occasionally, letting all vegetables cook another 3-4 minutes, until one minute shy of perfection. (You don’t want soggy vegetables! – unless you like them soggy, of course.)
9. Add cooked ground turkey to stir-fry veggies.
10. Add remaining coconut aminos and teriyaki sauce.
11. Stir and let cook another 1-2 minutes.
*Serve as is, OR over white or brown rice, spaghetti squash, quinoa, or cauliflower rice.
*You can substitute soy sauce for coconut aminos. I often eat Paleo or Whole30 approved foods, so coconut aminos have become one of my favorite soy sauce substitutes!
*Add more or less of the coconut aminos and teriyaki sauce to your liking.
*Change up the vegetables to include your favorites. Others I have used… pea pods, green beans, and green pepper.
*You can refrigerate any leftovers for about 2-3 days. The sauce will thicken when cold, but a quick reheat in the microwave will thin it out again.
The directions seem long, but most of them tell you to add vegetables and stir. It really is an easy meal. I promise!
Let us know what changes you made to your own version! Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions – please comment below.
This post contains some affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, and/or link to any products or services from this website. All opinions are my own. Thank you for your support!